The construction industry is moving quickly towards greener, high-performing buildings, creating increased demand across the country for sustainable building skills.
GPRO Construction Management (CM) explains the essential role CMs play on a sustainable construction project. Taught by industry experts using real-life classroom exercises, GPRO CM gives experienced building professionals the critical tools to transition from conventional to sustainable construction practices.
GPRO CM is ideal for a range of construction and real estate professionals including:
- Contractors and subcontractors
- Project managers and site superintendents
- Project architects and engineers
- Building owners and facilities managers
This 12-hour certificate course can be scheduled to meet the needs of your organization. Certificate exam is included.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
Part 1: Fundamentals of Building Green
- Economic and health benefits of green building
- Causes and impacts of a changing climate
- Transitioning to sustainable construction practices
- Understanding LEED
- Overview of green building strategies
- The importance of commissioning (systems quality assurance)
Part 2: Construction Management
- The CM’s role in the pre-construction phase of a project
- Integrating green building systems into the construction schedule
- Creating and using tools to implement energy efficiency strategies
- Communicating sustainable construction processes to subcontractors and trades
- Construction Activity Pollution Prevention
- Construction Indoor Air Quality
- Construction Waste Management
- Critical actions to ensure success during the submittals, rough-in, and fit-out phases
- The CM’s role in commissioning (Cx) and working effectively with the Cx agent
- Implementing a post-occupancy review and assessment process
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
GPRO Construction Management qualifies for 10 AIA and GBCI CE Credits.
See www.gpro.org/faqs for details.
FOR MORE INFORMATION