GPRO Electrical Systems (EL) explains the essential role electricians play on sustainable construction projects. Taught by industry experts using real-life classroom exercises, GPRO Electrical Systems gives experienced electricians the critical tools to transition from conventional to sustainable construction practices.
GPRO EL is ideal for a range of professionals in the electrical industry including subcontractors, installers, and technicians.
This 12-hour certificate course can be scheduled to meet the needs of your organization. Certificate exam is included.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
Part 1: Fundamentals of Building Green
- Economic and health benefits of green building
- Causes and impacts of a changing climate
- Transitioning to sustainable construction practices
- Complying with green codes and standards
- Understanding LEED
- Overview of green building strategies
- The importance of commissioning
Part 2: Electrical Systems
- Important sustainability issues for electricians
- Economic opportunities for the electrical industry
- The role of electrical systems within the “whole-building” approach
- The key differences between green and conventional electrical products and work practices
- Improving efficiencies in lighting and HVAC
- New technologies for distributed generation
- Using benchmarking and other tools to maintain building performance
- The electrician’s role in the building commissioning process
- Retrofitting existing buildings with energy-efficient technologies
- Green bidding issues for electricians
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
GPRO Electrical Systems qualifies for 10 AIA and GBCI CE Credits.
See www.gpro.org/faqs for details.