The construction industry is moving quickly towards greener, high-performing buildings, creating increased demand across the country for sustainable building skills.
This course teaches the basics of sustainability and provides an overview of the essential strategies and work practices that make buildings more efficient. GPRO covers the “green gap” between standard trade skills and the new awareness required to successfully implement sustainable building practices.
Individuals with experience in construction and building operations will have an advantage when taking Fundamentals of Building Green and in passing the certificate exam, but anyone with an interest in green building is encouraged to participate.
GPRO Fundamentals of Building Green is the prerequisite for all GPRO trade-specific courses.
This 6-hour standalone certificate course can be scheduled to meet the needs of your organization. Certificate exam is included.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
- Economic and health benefits of green building
- Causes and impacts of a changing climate
- Transitioning to sustainable construction practices
- Complying with green codes and standards
- Understanding LEED
- Overview of green building strategies
- The importance of building commissioning (systems quality assurance)
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
GPRO Fundamentals qualifies for 4 AIA and GBCI CE Credits.
See www.gpro.org/faqs for details.
FOR MORE INFORMATION