Did you know that efficiently operated and well-maintained buildings can reduce operating costs by 20-50% while improving occupancy rates and tenant satisfaction? This is just one of the many reasons why green operations and maintenance (O&M) practices are in high demand across the country.
Led by industry experts, GPRO Operations & Maintenance Essentials provides building professionals with the critical tools to transition from conventional to sustainable operations.
GPRO O&M is ideal for property managers and building staff in multi-family residential & high-rise commercial buildings including:
- Building superintendents
- Facility and property managers
- Operating engineers
- Stationary engineers
This 14-hour certificate course can be scheduled to meet the needs of your organization. Certificate exam is included.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
Part 1: Fundamentals of Building Green
- Economic and health benefits from green buildings
- Causes and impacts of a changing climate
- Transitioning to sustainable operations
- Complying with green codes and standards
- Understanding LEED
- Overview of green building strategies
- The importance of commissioning
Part 2: Operations & Maintenance Essentials
- Using building metrics to improve performance
- Improving the building envelope for a healthier building
- Reducing water use
- Employing strategies for more efficient and cost-effective heating and cooling systems
- Managing lighting to minimize energy use while maintaining lighting quality
- Maintaining indoor air quality for tenant comfort
- Reducing waste
- Understanding new NYC energy auditing and retro-commissioning requirements
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
GPRO Operations & Maintenance Essentials qualifies for 12 AIA and GBCI CE Credits.
See www.gpro.org/faqs for details.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
O&M Post-Training Coaching
Want to take your GPRO O&M Essentials training to the next level? GPRO O&M Post-training Coaching is a one-year coaching process that helps green O&M teams implement GPRO practices and continue improving the performance of their buildings.
Plus, thanks to a partnership with the City University of New York, participating teams will have access to an energy management consultant to help frame and execute an energy conservation plan.
Sign up here to find out more and jumpstart your team’s green operations!