Did you know that efficiently operated and well-maintained buildings can reduce operating costs by 20-50% while improving occupancy rates and tenant satisfaction? This is just one of the many reasons why green operations and maintenance (O&M) practices are in high demand across the country.
Led by industry experts, GPRO Operations & Maintenance Essentials provides building professionals with the critical tools to transition from conventional to sustainable operations.
GPRO O&M is ideal for property managers and building staff in multi-family residential & high-rise commercial buildings including:
- Building superintendents
- Facility and property managers
- Operating engineers
- Stationary engineers
This 14-hour certificate course can be scheduled to meet the needs of your organization. Certificate exam is included.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
Part 1: Fundamentals of Building Green
- Economic and health benefits from green buildings
- Causes and impacts of a changing climate
- Transitioning to sustainable operations
- Complying with green codes and standards
- Understanding LEED
- Overview of green building strategies
- The importance of commissioning
Part 2: Operations & Maintenance Essentials
- Using building metrics to improve performance
- Improving the building envelope for a healthier building
- Reducing water use
- Employing strategies for more efficient and cost-effective heating and cooling systems
- Managing lighting to minimize energy use while maintaining lighting quality
- Maintaining indoor air quality for tenant comfort
- Reducing waste
- Understanding new NYC energy auditing and retro-commissioning requirements
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
GPRO Operations & Maintenance Essentials qualifies for 12 AIA and GBCI CE Credits.
See www.gpro.org/faqs for details.
FOR MORE INFORMATION