The construction industry is moving quickly towards greener, high-performing buildings, creating increased demand across the country for sustainable building skills. By improving water efficiency in buildings, plumbers play a particularly important role in the green building process and help conserve a precious natural resource.
Taught by industry experts using real-life classroom exercises, GPRO Plumbing (PL) gives experienced plumbers the critical tools to transition from conventional to sustainable construction practices.
GPRO PL is ideal for a range of professionals in the plumbing industry including subcontractors, installers, and technicians.
This 12-hour certificate course can be scheduled to meet the needs of your organization. Certificate exam is included.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
Part 1: Fundamentals of Building Green
- Economic and health benefits of green building
- Causes and impacts of a changing climate
- Transitioning to sustainable construction practices
- Complying with green codes and standards
- Understanding LEED
- Overview of green building strategies
- The importance of commissioning
Part 2: Plumbing
- Important sustainability issues for plumbers
- The economic advantages of adopting water-efficient technologies
- Key differences between green and conventional plumbing products and work practices
- Improving water distribution systems
- Alternative water supply technologies
- How to interpret Energy Guide and water use rating systems
- Maintenance issues on common green fixtures, appliances, and systems
- Retrofitting existing buildings with water-efficient technologies
- The plumber’s role in the building commissioning process
- Green bidding issues for plumbers
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
GPRO Plumbing qualifies for 10 AIA and GBCI CE Credits.
See www.gpro.org/faqs for details.